So let’s do this one again! This week’s Top Ten Tuesday from The Broke and the Bookish is titled “Top Ten Things Books Have Made Me Want To Do or Learn About After Reading Them”.
Eh. More like what books make me NOT want to do… But I shall try to get at least 5.
- Move! I’ve read books about Amsterdam and New York that made me want to just live there (mainly these ones by Russell Shorto).
- Run. Believe it or not. I obviously didn’t, but at one point I (for some reason I can’t fathom) read Scott Jurek’s Eat & Run.
- Experience the eras in Jane Austen’s books. But then you can just watch Austenland to be reminded that it was probably horrible. I like hot showers and internet, thank you very much. (Although do watch the movie – Keri Russell and JJ Feild!)
- Reading anything by Arnaldur Indriðason or Ylja Sigurðardóttir makes me want to go back to Iceland. I love and would marry Iceland if that was possible. Or, you know, just move there would also work and is less creepy. (Countdown – 3 months and a bit until I go there again!)
- Write! Some books make me wish I could write.