In the spirit of “better late than never” I give you part 2 of the October blog challenge.
A Day in the Life
This would then be an average work day. I do occasionally do stuff outside the house, but usually not (if I can help it).
6.02 – Alarm goes off. Most likely I will not get up for another 20 minutes. ❤ snooze.
7(ish) am – Leaving the house and headed towards the train station.
7-8(ish) – Commuting! Oh the joy.
8-12.30 – Work interspersed with coffee rounds and possibly a walk around the building.
12.30-13 – Lunch! Quick bite followed by a 10 minute walk.
13-17 – Work! And this is how my work days tend to end – having drunk too little water and way too much coffee.
17-18.20 – Commuting again.
18.30 – Cooking dinner (or shopping, depends on who gets home first)
19 – Dinner!
Rest of evening – Reading/browsing/watching TV or a movie.
Usually between 22 and 23 – Sleep time.
Top 5 Movies
1) Hot Fuzz
2) Singin’ in the Rain
3) District 9
4) V for Vendetta
5) Pitch Perfect
(Er? I guess I like either dystopia or people dancing and singing. Enlightening.)
5 Things You’ve Learnt This Year
1) I’ve learnt quite a bit about Dangerous Goods regulations, which I find extremely interesting but seems to bore pretty much everyone outside our “DG Team” at work.
2) Sometimes it doesn’t matter how hard you try.
3) Lots of historical things. Like about Lewis & Clarke and what assholes all settlers were.
4) Surprisingly many people in my life believe in ghosts. What’s that about?
5) It’s really worth a lot of my money to have someone else color my hair.
Make Up Of The Day
…my daily “make up” consists of lipgloss. So I guess this is it:
Oh, I actually spent Friday evening + Saturday morning with female friends and it was pretty great. I even managed to monitor my alcohol intake and be decent = tipsy with no hangover. The others did not (and they are older so they should know better!) Got to try Raclette for the first time and it’s delicious. Mmm, melted cheese.
Top 5 Beauty Products
Nou! As the Dutch say. I will interpret this to concern anything I use on any part of my body. “Beauty”, hrmph.
1) Handy Gurugu hand cream. Wouldn’t survive work without it. Works wonders on my hands and I love the smell.
2) Hair serum. This is one of those small everyday revelations I wish someone would have told me about sooner. Thanks to my hairdresser at least I’m in on it now…
3) Pink Peppermint foot lotion. I ❤ Lush.
4) Night lenses! So these are lenses that reshape your cornea while you sleep. Staring at a screen all day in an air conditioned room is not great for your eyes, especially when you wear lenses. No longer a problem. And I can swim and stuff without worries.
5) Tangle Teezer. The hairbrush that means I don’t have to fight my hair anymore.
Places You Want To Travel
This is a combat between my environmental conscience and pure greed I guess. There are more exotic places I would like to go to, but instead I will go with this: it would be fantastic to go on a road trip through Europe. So much historical places and events to visit/relive. So many castles! Such pretty nature. Let’s keep it local 🙂