It’s Tuesday and time for another The Broke and the Bookish TTT!
January 24: FREEBIE — that super specific list you want to make?? All yours to tackle this week!
I thought I’d do one with favorite (touristy) cities. This will be Europe-heavy since that’s where I’ve seen most (have only ever been in Europe and North America).
- Reykjavík. To be fair, this is partially because it’s linked with Iceland Airwaves in my head. It’s a lovely little city!
- Lisbon. Oh, Lisbon. So pretty! And the food! And the wine! And friendly people (who speak English! Nothing to take for granted in southern Europe).
- New York. I mean.. yes. This should be self-explanatory.
- Zürich. I was just amazed. If you’re there in summer a boat tour on the lake should be mandatory.
- Helsinki. My last memory of Helsinki is from the summer I was there for a friend’s wedding. Cute city but just like with Stockholm I’d recommend going in summer.
- London. Obviously! The city we’d live in if money didn’t make a difference and Brexit wasn’t happening.
- Amsterdam. As much as the main streets of A’dam (as we call it) are horrible (packed with souvenir shops, “coffee” shops and tourists) the outer “rings” are lovely and the city is just so pretty.
- Florence. Ponte Vecchio & Uffizi! Amazing food, good wine and easy travelling distance to also see cities like San Gimignano, Pisa and Siena.
- Paris. My mom’s favorite city. First time I went I wasn’t a fan, but I’ve warmed up to it since and would even consider living a year or two there.
- Washington DC. The first city I ever visited in the USA. We had a great time, with lovely weather and even biked to mount Vernon in the sun on my birthday.