I think it’s time for a list again, this time I’ll try to come up with 5 movies. Now, I haven’t specifically tried to find feminist movies, but movies that celebrate female friendships:
- Pitch Perfect. It’s full of women! Who have names and talk to each other! And even though there’s a love interest in it, it’s not the main storyline. And Anna Kendrick and Rebel Wilson!
- Clueless. We had this one on VHR and I’ve seen it SO MANY times. Still cute though.
- Thelma and Louise. I know, I know. But how can you avoid it in a list like this?
- Bridesmaids. For someone who has no intention of ever marrying, I sure do like my wedding-centered movies. And this one has Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig in it, so obviously worth seing. (Also Chris O’Dowd as love interest, who’d have seen that coming after the IT Crowd?) (Oh… eh, and Rebel Wilson!)
- How to be Single. This is far from a feminist movie, but it was entertaining enough (again, Rebel Wilson!) and the moral of the story… sisters before misters (such a lame slogan btw, I swear never to use it IRL).