So I realize that TTT is now on a summer break, but since the one from last week is one I’d actually not mind doing, I shall do it now! (Also – Hello! I’m back! It wasn’t a break, I just went on vacation without telling (again). I also ran into Lisa‘s brother for the first time in… idk, 15 years?)
Last week’s topic for TTT was: Best Books You’ve Read In 2017 So Far. It turned into a top 9, which is close enough! Two of the books have links to amazon rather than good reads – that’s cause their English versions were only available there (books 2 & 8).
- Siri Pettersen’s troll-trilogy (Korpringarna in Swedish, Ravneringerne in Norwegian). I re-read parts 1 and 2 to get in the mood for the final part. Oh man. How are they still not translated into English?
- Bea Uusma’s The Expedition. I never thought a book about a polar expedition would intrigue me. I was wrong. Now I’m trying to get more people to read it. Do it!
- Goldy Moldavsky’s Kill the Boy Band. Girl friends who bond over a boy band.
- Malorie Blackman’s Noughts & Crosses. Apartheid the other way around. Very good read.
- Angela S. Choi’s Hello Kitty Must Die. It involves a serial killer, but not in a scary way.
- Elena Ferrante My Brilliant Friend.
- Val McDermid’s The Vanishing Point. Ah Val, my favorite thriller writer.
- Jonas Hassen Khemiri’s Everything I Don’t Know.
- Brandon Sanderson’s Words of Radiance. Part two in a series. Fantasy and a bit of a brick.