As the previous time, I realize that TTT is now on a summer break, but I feel like doing this anyway, so I shall!
When scrolling through their list of previous topics, one immediately caught my eye; “Most Dislikable Characters”. “I can work with that!”, I thought. We will see.
Rated in terms of horribleness:
- Joffrey from A Game of Thrones. I’ve never wished a character in a book dead as strongly as I did Joffrey, and I may have cheered when he finally died.
- Cersei. Joffrey’s mother in A Game of Thrones.
- That guy in Fallvatten (how is it that this book hasn’t been translated into English?). I can’t remember his name, but if you’ve read it, you know who I mean. Eeeew.
- Julia Bliss Flaherty in Seveneves. Completely unsympathetic president who think they’re the center of the world. Does that remind you of someone?
- Humbert Humbert in Lolita. Hate is not a strong enough word for this guy.
And that was about it. I’ve looked through the books I’ve read in the last 2 years, and no other ones stick out. Apparently characters have to be really bad before I find them completely unlikeable.