The Endless Blog Challenge of this week has a food related topic:
CAN I TAKE YOUR DRINK ORDER? If we’re going to be able to deal with a new semester, or getting back to work after summer for that matter, and going to the gym, we’re going to need a drink. What 5 drinks are you likely to order?
WHAT’S FOR DINNER? With all this going to the gym and drinking, who has the time to slave in the kitchen? Share a go-to quick and easy dinner!
Well, this one is not that quick, but relatively few steps! Potato & pesto pizza!
Slice the potatoes and roast them in the oven (I like to add some garlic in there, because that makes any food better) until nice and crispy/brown.
Smear the pizza with pesto, and put the potatoes on there. Add some rosemary and salt for taste (if you’re being extravagant I guess mozzarella works fine as well?), and cook until the pizza’s done. Delicious!
As for the drinks*:
- Beer. Lame, I know, but it almost always works! Dark beer in the winter, light/white for the summer. Or take a walk on the wild side with some fruit beer? Bonus here is that it’s always drinkable, not like wine where you can really taste the difference. Even the cheapest beer will still taste like… well, beer.
- Gin & Tonic. As long as it’s with decent gin.
- Piña Colada. Pineapple + booze, what can go wrong?
- Margarita. I just tried this for the first time when we took my mom to a tapas restaurant (“today is Margarita Monday, they are half the price!”). It will surely not be the last!
- Grüner Veltliner. I’m not much of a wine snob (just, please, not the house wine!), but this is my favorite white wine (grape).
*I interpreted this as only alcoholic drinks, cause why else bother?