TTT by the Broke and the Bookish!
I didn’t really like the one for this week, so I went with this one from October instead:
Top Ten Unique Book Titles
This is obviously a crazy big topic, so I’ll limit it to books I have read. It’s also difficult because somehow the longer the titles the more “unique” they seem, and that’s not really fair. So, whatever. This’ll be an odd list where I’m not even sure I agree with my own picks.
- Neal Stephenson’s Reamde. I don’t think I’ve read this title correct even once.
- Haruki Murakami’s Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and his Years of Pilgrimage. The first (eh, only) book I’ve read by Murakami, and I enjoyed it. I also enjoy how it looks, which shouldn’t be underestimated:
- Amanda Lovelace’s The Princess Saves Herself in This one
- Mark Z Danielewski’s One Rainy Day in May (The Familiar #1)
- Charles C Mann’s 1493
- Nayyirah Waheed’s salt.
- Nina Hemmingsson’s Jag är din flickvän nu
- Charlaine Harris’ Dead Ever After
- Muriel Barbery’s The Elegance of the Hedgehog
- Lisa Bjärbo’s Det är så logiskt, alla fattar utom du. Because it’s a line by Annika! This one: