In the beginning (well, first half) of June I said I’d do Goodreads Summer Reading Challenge. So how did it go? (Now that I was told “summer is over, it’s September”.)
These were the books I listed:
Children of Blood & Bone(“Read a book that won a Goodreads Choice Award.” & “Read a debut novel.”)
- Watchmen (“Read a book being adapted for TV or film this year.”)
- On the Shortness of Things (“Read a book with less than 100 pages (or a book you can finish in one sitting).”)
Overdue Life of Amy Byler(“Read one of the most read books right now on Goodreads.”)
- Anathem (“Read a book that’s been on your Want to Read shelf for more than a year.”)
- Purple Hibiscus (“Read a book set in a different culture from your own.”)
Svälten: Hungeråren som formade Sverige(“Read a book that a friend has recommended.”)
- The Rise & Fall of D.O.D.O. (“Read a coauthored book.”)
- Samlade Dikter. (“Read a book in a format that you don’t normally read in”)
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. (“Reread a book you loved when you were younger.”)
- Paradise Reclaimed (“Read a book set in a destination you want to visit.”)
How did that go?
Children of Blood & Bone. I’m not sure if I just wasn’t in the right mood, but this didn’t thrill me the way Akata Witch did.
Overdue Life of Amy Byler. Well, I really liked this! Picked it based on the cover from a list that didn’t inspire me at all.
Svälten: Hungeråren som formade Sverige. Very interesting! I knew this had happened, but you know, mainly details? Well written.
And that was it. In total 3 books, and books I would not have read otherwise. I enjoyed them all, so despite not finishing the challenge with better stats, I’m happy about it.